Hello, thanks for dropping by our post on Close Facebook account Permanently post for 2019.
How To Close Facebook Account
There are two options to close the Facebook account.
- How to Close Facebook account permanently (Delete Permanently).
- How to Close Facebook account temporarily (Deactivate account for few days).
So, below are the steps to do this.
1. How To Close Facebook Account Permanently
According to Facebook, If you want to delete your Facebook account, then this process may take up to 90 days. But, when you click on the delete button to close your Facebook account, then it shows your account will be deleted within 14 days. After deleting the Facebook account, you won’t be able to reactivate your Facebook account.
So, Before deleting or closing your Facebook account, you need to download all Facebook data (Facebook Archive). Here is How To Download All Facebook Data at once. With this, you can download all data from your account like photos, videos, contact information, friend list, and messages etc. Below are the steps to close Facebook account.
- Open https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account link from your browser and log in to your Facebook account. (You can do this on both PC and Smartphone)
- After that, Click on the Delete my account button at the middle of the screen.
- A pop-up window will be shown and you need to enter the passwordand captcha for security reasons. After that click on OK button.
- After that, it shows the message “Your account has been deactivated and will be permanently deleted within 14 days. If you log into your account within the next 14 days, you will have the option to cancel your request”. And click on OK button.
Now, you will be logged out from your Facebook account. Your Facebook profile will no longer to visible on Facebook. But, You still have the option to cancel the account deletion process. Just log in to your Facebook account and cancel the request for deletion.2. How To Close Facebook Account Temporarily
If you don’t want to delete or close your account permanently, then you can deactivate your account temporarily. When you deactivate your Facebook account, then your profile will no longer visible on Facebook. But, You can reactivate your account anytime. Below are the steps to deactivate your Facebook account and the steps are almost same for smartphone and PC. (You can deactivate your account from Facebook app, Smartphone’s browser or PC).
- Open Facebook and login to your account. Go to Settings.
- In General account settings, Click on Edit from Manage account option.
- Scroll down and click on the Deactivate your account option. After that, Enter the password of your Facebook account for security reasons and click on the Continue button.
- Choose any reason and check the mark on “Email opt-out” and click on Deactivate option. (Note: When you choose the reason, then, a message will appear. Close that message).
That’s all. You have done. To reactivate your account, log in to your account again.
On Smartphone (Facebook App)
- Open Facebook app and tap on the three horizontal lines from the top right of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Account Settings. After that Tap on Generaloption. (Account Settings > General).
- Tap on Manage Account and Tap on the Deactivate option. After that, Enter the password for security reasons.
- Choose any reason and scroll down and check the mark on “Opt out of receiving future emails from Facebook” and also check the mark on “Opt out of receiving messages on Messenger”. After that Tap on Deactivatebutton. (Note: When you select any reason, then, a message will appear. Close that message.)
That’s all. After that, you will be logged out from your Facebook account and your Facebook profile will no longer visible on Facebook. When you again log in to your account, then your account will be reactivated automatically.
F.A.Q About Deactivate Your Facebook Account
Question – How to reactivate Facebook account?
Answer – Just log in to your Facebook account, and it will reactivate automatically.
Question – When I choose the reason “This is temporary. I’ll be back.”, then it allows only 7 days to deactivate my account. How to increase these days?
Answer – Choose any other option to prevent this issue.
Question – Is it possible to deactivate the Facebook account without Messenger? (I want to use the only Messenger.)
Answer– Yes, it is possible. Don’t the check mark on “Opt out of receiving messages on Messenger” option while deactivating your Facebook account.
Difference between Delete and Deactivate Facebook Account
Delete or Close Facebook account Permanently – When you delete your Facebook account, then you won’t reactivate your account (Though, you have the option to cancel the deletion within 14 days). All your data will be deleted from Facebook servers.
Deactivate Facebook Account – Deactivate is a different option. When you deactivate your account, then, your account or profile will not visible on Facebook. But, you can reactivate your Facebook account anytime.