Hello, thanks for dropping by our post on How to Change Name on Facebook Profile post for 2019.
How to Change Name on Facebook Profile – Facebook has actually just recently begun actively requiring its users to enter their genuine name under initially, last, and middle name (this was constantly the primary policy, however, Facebook implemented it loosely, unlike Google Plus – that most likely altered to combat spam accounts from being produced for enjoyable – or other functions:
How Do You Change Your Name On Facebook?
- Click the inverted triangle icon (▼) in the top right corner of Facebook and then click Settings.
- Click any part of the Name row.
- Change your first name, middle name and/or surname and then select Review Change.
- Choose how your name will appear, enter your password and then press Save Changes.
How to Add or Edit a Nickname or Other Name on Facebook
While Facebook advises people to use only their real names, it is possible to add a nickname or other alternative name as a complement to your legal one. Doing so is often an effective way of helping people who know you by another name find you on the social network.
To add a nickname you need to complete the following steps:
- Click About on your profile.
- Select Details About You on the sidebar of your About page.
- Click the Add a nickname, a birth name… option under the Other Names subheading.
- On the Name Type dropdown menu, choose the type of name you’d like (e.g. Nickname, Maiden Name, Name With Title).
- Type your other name in the Name box.
- Click the Show at top of profile box if you’d like your other name to appear beside your primary name on your profile.
- Click the Save button.
That’s all you have to do, and unlike with full names, there aren’t any limits on how often you can change your other name. And to edit a nickname, you complete steps 1 and 2 above, but then hover the mouse cursor over the other name you’d like to change. This brings up an Options button, which you can then click to choose between either an Edit or Delete function.
Thanks for dropping by the How to Change Name on Facebook Profile post. Do share please!