This post serves as a guide on how to view messages you have deleted on Facebook. Let’s delve right into it.
How To Recover Deleted Facebook Messages From A Downloaded Archive
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on the little gear icon on the top right corner of the window.
- Select “Account Settings”.
- Choose “General Account Settings“
Once the “General Account Settings” page loads, click on “Download a copy of your Facebook data” at the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Start My Archive.”
This will prompt a “Request My Download,” window, which basically lets you know it can take a while (typically 2-3 hours) to gather all of your information.
- Click “Start My Archive” again to launch the gathering process.
At this point, Facebook will notify you to access the email account associated with your Facebook profile where a download link to your archive will be sent. Again, it may take 2-3 hours to arrive.
- Click on the link in the email to download your archive.
You’ll be required to reenter your password before you can download the archive.
- Reenter your password.
- Click “Continue“.
- Finally, click on the “Download Archive” button.
Your archive will download to your computer. Unzip it, then open the file named “index.”
The file containing your archived data will open. Click on “Messages” and all of your past messages will load.
To easily find the message you’re looking for, search by keyword. Press “CTRL + F” or “F3” to access the keyword search process, and that’s it. Once you find the message, copy and paste the contents into a Word document to save.
Can you please share this(View My Deleted Messages on Facebook) on facebook and all??