Facebook Marketplace is a popular Facebook feature that allows millions of users to buy, sell and trade items and services with other people in their locality.
Have you recently been wondering why you don’t have the Facebook Marketplace? Then this post is for you as I will explain here why some people don’t have access to the Facebook Marketplace in their account.
Why Don’t I Have the Facebook Marketplace
Here are the reasons why you don’t have the Facebook Marketplace.
1. You’re under 18: Facebook Marketplace is only available to Facebook users who are 18 years old or over.
2. Your home region isn’t supported: Facebook Marketplace is only available in 50 countries including the United States, Canada, and Australia. If your home address on your Facebook profile is set to a country that isn’t supported, the Facebook Marketplace icon will not appear.
3. You may be in an unsupported country: Traveling to a country that isn’t supported by Facebook Marketplace may also make the option disappear from the Facebook site and apps.
4. The iPod touch isn’t supported. Facebook Marketplace shows on iOS app on the iPhone and iPad. However, it won’t show up when using an iPod touch.
5. Newly Opened Facebook account: If your Facebook account is new, you are likely not to find Facebook Marketplace as it does not appear at all to new Facebook users. This is likely done to prevent scammers from creating new accounts and selling fake products soon after having previous accounts banned from the platform.
6. Dynamic menu. The main icon menu within the Facebook apps is actually dynamic and will display shortcuts to Facebook features that you use the most. If you go a while without using Facebook Marketplace, the icon may disappear or be replaced with another one for groups, video, or some other Facebook feature.