When you are tired of Facebook, you can always delete your account permanently. How do i delete my Facebook account permanently will guide you on how to do just that. What’s the difference between deleting and deactivating facebook? Lets get started.
How to deactivate Facebook account
To deactivate your Facebook account, follow these four steps:
1. Click the account menu down arrow at the top right of any Facebook page in your web browser
2. Select ‘Settings’
3. Choose ‘General’ in the left column
4. Click ‘Manage your account’
5. Press ‘Deactivate your account’, and then follow the steps to confirm your decision
To reactivate your account after deactivating it, simply log into Facebook your e-mail and password. Your profile will be entirely reinstated.
How to delete Facebook account permanently?
One thing that most users want to know is how to delete Facebook account permanently. For this, follow the steps:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Visit this link, https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
- Click Delete My Account.
Important things to consider before you close Facebook account
Make sure you’ve downloaded a copy of your Facebook data before deactivating or permanently deleting it. You might be aware of the fact that you can gain access to your Facebook account after you’ve deactivated it. But be careful, you won’t get the chance to change your mind after you’ve deleted your Facebook account permanently. So, take your decision wisely.
It will take 90 days for Facebook to delete all your photos, videos, posts, likes, comments, messages, and everything else. Other Facebook users won’t be able to visit your profile during the deletion process. However, the text messages, images you’ve sent to your friends via chat will reside at their end because they’re a part of their account also. You can ask them to delete your messages.
What would happen when I delete my Facebook account?
Here is what will happen in simple terms. You will not be able to regain access once the account is deleted and everything associated with the user will be permanently removed. For this reason, Facebook delays deletion for a few days after the request is made, in case you change your mind. It can take up to 90 days after your account is removed for all of your data stored in Facebook’s backup systems to be completely deleted.
Other Things to Note
1. Never login again next 14 days, if you are sure you wish to permanently delete your account.
2. If you wish to come back again, simply follow the link below within 14 days
3. Must log out of anything connected with Facebook. It may include any app or service that you’ve connected or logged in. It may be Instagram, Calender app, Spotify etc. on your smartphone.
4. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies from your desktop, smartphone and tablet. Otherwise, saved login credential on your respective devices will trigger account reactivation.